[gdal-dev] GDAL bindings for Node.js: node-gdal-async 3.1.1
Momtchil Momtchev
2021-05-14 18:01:31 UTC
    Hello,

    I just published /node-gdal-async/ 3.1.1 - the latest bindings for
Node.js.

    Starting with 3.1, there is full support for TypeScript as well -
with no 'any' types - and curve geometries.

    It also features auto-completion with online help in IDEs that
support it (VSCode for example) even when using only Javascript.

    3.0 added parallel asynchronous Promise-based operations.

    It is bundled with GDAL 3.2.2 but supports rebuilding against your
own system installed GDAL.

    This project is a fork of the previous bindings, if you have
previously used /node-gdal/ or /node-gdal-next/, just keep in mind that
3.0 introduces sweeping changes (40% of the code is new) and that it
hasn't been very thoroughly tested in production environment - so any
feedback will be very welcome as I currently can afford to sink in as
much time as is needed for support.

/npm install gdal-async/ will get you 3.0.3

/npm install gdal-***@beta/ will get you 3.1.1 (with TypeScript and
curve geometries)

https://www.npmjs.com/package/gdal-async
<https://www.npmjs.com/package/gdal-async>