[gdal-dev] Formation of advisory board
Even Rouault
2021-05-13 20:19:50 UTC
PSC,

Per
https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc80_numfocus_relationship.html#gdal-advisory-board
<https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc80_numfocus_relationship.html#gdal-advisory-board>,
we institute a Advisory Board with part of the sponsors. We need to put
that into reality soon.

After discussing with Chris, here are the following suggestions:

- consider May 31st as the deadline for the set of sponsors we consider
in the designation process of the representative of the Gold (at least,
1 representative for every 3 Gold sponsors. Chris suggested we could ask
each if they'd like to be) and Silver (1 representative for the whole
set of Silver sponsors) sponsors for the year to come.

- ask OSGeo SAC for the creation of a gdal-advisory-board mailing list.
Only approved subscribers will be allowed to post (representative of
sponsors + PSC members willing to be part of it + people benefiting from
funding), but it will be publicly archived.

Any objection ?

Even
--
http://www.spatialys.com
Frank Warmerdam
2021-05-13 21:26:09 UTC
Sounds good to me!
[...]
I set the clouds in motion - turn up | Frank Warmerdam,
***@pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823
and watch the world go round - Rush | Geospatial Software Developer
Even Rouault
2021-05-18 14:53:31 UTC

The gdal-advisory-***@lists.osgeo.org
<mailto:gdal-advisory-***@lists.osgeo.org> list is now in place. PSC
members that want to subscribe should do it at
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/gdal-advisory-board (if you
want admin rights on the list, drop me a word)

Archives are available at
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-advisory-board/

Even