[gdal-dev] Python Binding Searching for Legacy Libgdal Shared Object File
Conor McIndoe
2021-05-11 15:22:37 UTC
Hi all,

I’ve just tried to use the gdal python bindings for the first time in a couple of months and have been met with
from osgeo import gdal
ImportError: liberal.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Which, I believe, is a legacy .so file. I’m running this on Arch, and see I have liberal.so.28.0.3 in /usr/lib, and have recently updated the system and pip upgraded the package but still find it looking for the wrong file. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Conor
Even Rouault
2021-05-11 15:25:36 UTC
Conor,

It is likely that your GDAL python bindings need recompiling and/or your
native GDAL library and/or you are using an older GDAL python bindings
and/or native library than the one you think you are using.

Even